U10 Team Manager:
Dora Aram & Eric Ong Seng
(for children born after 1st September 2007 and before 31st August 2008 - Year 5)
At U10s we play contact rugby. It is an 8-a-side game incorporating running, passing, tackling and rucking with contested 3-player scrums. This is in line the RFU’s New Rules of Play, a pathway to introduce the game of rugby to young players. There are 3 stages starting with tag rugby for U7/U8s, mini rugby for U9/U10s, and midi rugby for U11/U12s, so that by U13s the players are ready to play the full 15-a-side game.
We have a number of qualified coaches, first aiders and RFU qualified referees for our U10 set up which is run by Head Coach Tim Hodgson. We encourage parents to get involved, and will support those who want to take qualifications, so there are enough for all the players to have a great time. All first aiders, coaches and referees are CRB checked.
If you have any specific questions around joining the U10s at Warriors, please contact the U10's Team Manager.
U10 Guiding Principles
As a group of players, coaches and parents we have evolved the following set of principles for how we approach our rugby.
- Ensure a competitive, fun environment
- Build a strong sense of team spirit within the player groups
- Build a strong sense of identity with Old Wimbledonians RFC
- Treat players, coaches, referees and parents with respect at all times
- Recognise and celebrate successes in a positive, supportive environment (from a good pass to winning a tournament)
- Safely develop the squads and players in their first year of contact rugby
- Focus on running, passing, tackling and rucking skills to create rounded players
- Send as many teams as possible to tournaments so all players have these great experiences
U10 Head Coach:
OLD WIMBLEDONIAN WARRIORS RFC
143 Coombe Lane, Raynes Park,
London, SW20 0QX
Tel: 020 8879 0700