WELCOME TO WIMBLEDONIAN WARRIORS UNDER 12s!
(for children born after 1st September 2004 and before 31st August 2005 - Year 7)
At U12s we play contact rugby. This is in line the RFU’s New rules of Play, a pathway to introduce the game of rugby to young players. The game is played between teams having a maximum of twelve players, five of whom will be forwards and form the scrum, with the remaining players forming the back line. There are 3 stages starting with tag rugby for U7/U8s, mini rugby for U9/U10s, and midi rugby for U11/U12s, so that by U13s the players are ready to play the full 15-a-side game.
We have a number of qualified coaches, first aiders and RFU qualified referees for our U12 set up which is run by Head Coach Jack Williams. We encourage parents to get involved, and will support those who want to take qualifications, so there are enough for all the players to have a great time. All first aiders, coaches and referees are CRB checked.
If you have any specific questions around joining the U12s at Warriors, please contact the Team Manager.
U12 Guiding Principles
As a group of players, coaches and parents we have evolved the following set of principles for how we approach our rugby.
- Ensure a competitive, fun environment
- Build a strong sense of team spirit within the player groups
- Build a strong sense of identity with Old Wimbledonians RFC
- Treat players, coaches, referees and parents with respect at all times
- Recognise and celebrate successes in a positive, supportive environment (from a good pass to winning a tournament)
- This year sees the players entering their last year as Minis. We want to see an improvement in the core skills of every player and to create a lasting memory of the fun of mini rugby.
U12 Team Manager:
U12 Head Coach:
OLD WIMBLEDONIAN WARRIORS RFC
143 Coombe Lane, Raynes Park,
London, SW20 0QX
Tel: 020 8879 0700